Our vision is to be a Christian educational community of excellence, assisting in the development of young people who reflect the attitudes, authority and actions of Christ.
Our vision is to
Be a Christian educational community of excellence, assisting in the development of young people who reflect the attitudes, authority and actions of Christ.
Our mission is to
- Encourage students to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ;
- Develop lives of character based on biblical principles;
- Equip young people to positively influence the wider community;
- Develop the highest expression of an individual’s gifts, talents and abilities;
- Assist parents in the education of their children;
- Pursue excellence in education;
- Provide resources, facilities and staff to implement the vision.
Grace Christian School is committed to the following beliefs:
- God is our creator and sustains His creation by His power.
- The world did not evolve by a random process or chance and thus the world has purpose and meaning.
- God created man and woman in his own image.
- Each individual person, regardless of age, sex, race, wealth or poverty, ability or disability has equal significance and value.
- People were created to care for and develop the world God created for His glory and their enjoyment.
- The world was made perfect, but sin entered the world by Adam and Eve’s rebellion, and this has corrupted the world and introduced suffering, death and imperfection.
- A person is saved by God’s grace and through faith in Christ Jesus, God’s only Son, who existed from all eternity, and who was born of a virgin, died for our sins, was raised from the dead and sits at God’s right hand and will return to the earth to receive His own people and to judge the living and the dead.
- It is the work of the Holy Spirit to regenerate those who believe, creating in them the fruit of His Spirit; endowing them with spiritual gifts and empowering them to serve God and their fellows.
- God has called those whom He saves to be His people, to live lives worthy of their calling in love and unity with each other. The Christian classroom should be an expression of Godly community and should be characterised by love, mercy, justice and worship of God that is expressed in humble service to one another.
- God gave to people the responsibility to have dominion over His world.
- Each person has a responsibility to care for God’s creation and His creatures and the privilege of enjoying His good creation. We should thus value beauty and creativity and reflect these values in our classroom.
- God has revealed His will to people through the Bible, His authoritative and inerrant guide to how we should live a life of love and service to God and our neighbours.